We enjoy a very active collaboration with biologists from many departments at the University of Washington:
- Su-In Lee has a joint appointment in the Department of Genome Sciences, and Larry Ruzzo and Martin Tompa are Adjunct Professors of that department. They and their graduate students are frequent speakers in that department's Computational Biology seminar series. Elhanan Borenstein, Joe Felsenstein, Phil Green, Bill Noble, and Maynard Olson of Genome Sciences are Adjunct Professors in our department.
- Su-In Lee, Larry Ruzzo, Georg Seelig, and Martin Tompa are participating faculty in the university's Interdisciplinary Computational Molecular Biology Certificate Program, and many of our graduate students are members of that program. Alumnus graduate student Zasha Weinberg was the very first Ph.D. to graduate from that program, and Amol Prakash and Jonathan Carlson are more recent graduates.
- Georg Seelig holds a joint appointment in the Department of Electrical Engineering as a faculty member in the ExCEL program. Linda Shapiro also holds a joint appointment in that department, and Rajesh Rao is an adjunct faculty member there.
- Larry Ruzzo and Martin Tompa are participating faculty on the university's NIH Genome Training Grant, Larry Ruzzo is on its steering committee, alumna Emily Rocke was a postdoctoral fellow on that grant, and graduate students Zasha Weinberg, Jonathan Carlson, and Adrienne Wang were predoctoral fellows on that grant.
- Rajesh Rao holds a joint appointments in the Graduate Program in Neurobiology & Behavior.